Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sew Crafty Saturday: Decoupage


I bought some Modge Podge along time ago thinking every crafter needs some in her supply, but it just sat on the shelf for months. I have seen a lot of cute decoupage crafts lately, so I decided to give it a try. Last weekend, I opened up the cute little jar for the first time. It really reminded me of a watered down version of the Elmer's glue that we use at school. Anyway, I cut some images out of scrapbook paper and stuck them onto little pieces of wood I bought from Tall Mouse. They are about 5 inches tall. Here's my first attempt at decoupage. Next time, I might paint the wood first and/or try a bigger piece of wood. I was also thinking that they could be really cute in a baby's room if they matched the theme. Yes, I am already thinking about the next time...

1 comment:

Kristy Floyd said...

Nothing wrong with planning ahead! I love these, they turned out really cute!