Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sew Craft Saturday: Painting Project




I was planning on making my girlfriend some place mats for her birthday. They would have been a nice, safe little gift. Then I saw the Anna Maria Horner segment from when she was on the Martha Stewart Show and thought, "I can do that!" Well, I tried and they did not turn out as lovely as I would have hoped. Attaching the fabric to the canvas was the easy part, but it was a different story once I started painting. The lines look a bit unsteady and you can really see the brushstrokes. Lisa is a good friend, so I know she will forgive my ill attempt. I used some of the left over material to make her a small tote bag as the wrapping paper. Maybe, she can use it for a lunch sack when we go back to work, since it does have utensils on it. You can find Anna's bit on the Martha Stewart show by clicking on her name on the left hand side of "lovely places to visit." She makes it look so easy!

No comments: