Monday, November 3, 2008

Misc. Monday: Confession











I have a confession to make: Friday night, I became one of "those moms." You know the ones that I am talking about. The ones that are way too into their kid. The ones who think their baby's diaper doesn't stink. Yeah, I crossed over to the darkside. It was a rookie mistake and it won't happen again...
It all started when we went trick or treating at my girlfriend's house. Lilly had already impressed me because she was wearing the Tinkerbell dress that she had refused to wear all week. I was a bit worried because she was one of the youngest ones going, so I wanted Heather's daughter to help her to the door. Little did I know that Lilly would be the one yelling "trick or treat" at the top of her not even two year old lungs. She was hilarious. She would chase this little boy telling him, "Tigger -wait!" Then bang on the doors, shake the door handles, only to peer inside if they did not come fast enough.
Here is where I lost all rational thought: All I could say was, "Did you see her? Dan, can you hear her? Look at Lilly; she's amazing!" My heart was bubbling over with so much (too much) pride that I could not even carry a conversation with Heather's neighbor. I couldn't answer even the most basic of questions because I kept checking to see if Dan was taking enough pictures. I barely noticed how cute the other kids were (and they were adorable).
Laying in bed that night, what I had become became clear to me. I am way too embarrassed to show my face in Heather's neighborhood. All kids are amazing and adorable and funny. Like I said, it was a rookie mistake and it won't happen again (I hope).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know Michelle, that all sounds pretty awesome to me. I would love to see video of that one--sweet little Lilly pounding down the door of the house!

Jessica & Will said...

You have to embrace your doting-momminess from time to time... that is just my personal opinion.

She is so cute in that costume! Great pick for her.

Kristy Floyd said...

Don't worry about it; I'm sure it happens to everyone. The picture of her peering inside the house is priceless!