Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sew Craft Sat.: Picnic Quilt





I parti-cipated in my first swap with Elizabeth from Oh frannson
about a month ago. I had to find vintage sheets, cut them into fat quarters, and mail them off to her. A few weeks later, I received a cute little thank you for participating and 17 different fat quarters. I wasn't sure what to do with them; she has been posting some cool ideas for inspiration. A few days later, while I was browsing blogs, I came across this picnic quilt tutorial http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=531. It even has pockets in the back to put rocks in, so the wind does not blow it away. How cool is that? I went out right away and found a sheet for the back and went to work. I am really happy with the way it turned out. We have already used it outside twice!

No comments: