Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sew Crafty Saturday: Owls




I now know that I really don't like reading sewing patterns or directions. My mom always said she could never teach me anything and I always wanted to "do it myself." I bought some new sewing project books and I love to look at the pictures, but want to try to make things my own way, even though the directions and measurements are right there. Now don't get me wrong, I am an avid reader, but fiction is my thing. What's crazy is that Lilly is already showing signs of my independent spirit. I am in for it! My mother also said, "I hope you have a kid just like you!" Well, it looks like I did. Anyway, here is an owl I made without a pattern. I saw it on a shirt of Lilly's and just drew out the body and beak on a piece of paper and traced it. The owl's body is made from left over bedroom curtains, and her legs are an old pair of my jeans. I have made 4 and given 3 away so far.

No comments: